International graduates returning home to work

If you’re an international student who has just graduated from an Australian Tertiary Institute and hope to return to your home country to seek employment, it is advisable to complete your degree attestation process before heading overseas. If an employer requires you to have your degree attested and you haven’t done so before leaving Australia, the process can cost you twice as much and take twice as long.

International and local students travelling overseas to further their studies

Many foreign universities may require your degree and supporting educational certificates to be attested before considering you as a student at their institution.

Local graduates travelling overseas to work

In order to obtain a working visa in another country, your documents (e.g. degree, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc) may be required to complete the attestation process – notarisation, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs authentication and relevant foreign embassy’s legalisation. If you don’t get your documents attested before you leave Australia, you may be up for substantial costs and time in engaging a foreign legalisation agent.

Other attestation services you may require

If you’re going to live overseas there are many situations that may require official document attestation. You may need to rent a house or open a bank account for example. These processes could require attested documents such as your Australian drivers licence, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.

It is a good idea to check what you may need, as it differs for each country that you may travel to.

The issue is how and what you do with your documentation. If you want to use your documents for any official reason, then you should consider having it attested before you travel overseas to save you time, money and stress.

Need help? Authentifier is an innovative online Australian document attestation service. We are on hand 24/7 to provide low fixed fee attestation services.

Check out our packages HERE and contact us for more information on how we can help you.

Get a free quote online in 2 minutes

Getting the process underway as soon as you need it, is our priority. Answer some quick questions and we'll provide you with an instant quote and explain the process.

We are an innovative online one-stop shop for the legalisation of all Australian documents, e.g. degrees, birth certificates, National Police certificates, for official use overseas, especially in China and the United Arab Emirates. For a Fixed Fee Service with 24/7 Availability call 1300 349 333 or email [email protected]


  1300 349 333

  [email protected]

  Suite 1A, Level 2, 802 Pacific Highway, Gordon NSW 2072

1300 Fixed Fee