Often, for document attestation, certain institutions may require a notarised copy of your document if it is unable to verify the signatures on the original document.
What is a notarised copy?
A notarised copy is a copy of an original document that has been verified as being a true copy after the original document has been sighted by a registered Public Notary.
The most common documents that may need a notarised copy include:
- High School Certificates;
- Birth Certificates;
- Marriage Certificates;
- Name Change Certificates;
- Citizenship Certificates;
- Divorce & Custody Orders; and
- National Police Certificates.
Using a notarised copy for document attestation?
- Preservation of the Original: If you have a notarised copy of your documentation, it leaves the original in pristine condition. For example, you may have a medical qualification that you may want to frame and display in your clinic.
- Multiple Use: Frequently, several people or organisations need to hold a particular document. For instance you may need to provide a birth certificate for visa purposes, but you may also need it in future as proof of identity to obtain a licence – so you should ensure that you have a certified copy of your document so you can use it for different purposes.
- Safeguarding your Original Documents: Often when you submit a document to a government department or educational establishment it becomes the property of the institution, therefor you should never submit an original and only rely on your notarised copies.
What is the document attestation process?
We will issue you with a Notarial Certificate that will be bound and sealed with a copy of your document once we have sighted the original document.
If required, we will submit your notarised copy to the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) for authentication or Apostille. We are also able to submit your DFAT authenticated document to the relevant foreign embassy or consulate in Australia for legalisation.
We offer the above service on a fixed fee NOT time basis in order for you to better budget your cost and expense from the outset.
Get a free quote online in 2 minutes
Getting the process underway as soon as you need it, is our priority. Answer some quick questions and we'll provide you with an instant quote and explain the process.
We are an innovative online one-stop shop for the legalisation of all Australian documents, e.g. degrees, birth certificates, National Police certificates, for official use overseas, especially in China and the United Arab Emirates. For a Fixed Fee Service with 24/7 Availability call 1300 349 333 or email [email protected]